VALLEY CENTER HONORARY MAYOR
CONTEST AND FUNDRAISER RULES
- Any Service Club, Non-Profit, or group of individuals are eligible to enter the Honorary Mayor contest.
- It must be run as a fundraiser for a charity/non-profit of your choice, or for your group. Funds raised may not be for profit.
- The candidate will be interviewed for the May issue of the Valley Center Magazine.
- The candidate is expected to have outrageous campaign promises!
- The title of Honorary Mayor has no value other than bragging rights. There is no significant distinction or duties. The winner will ride in the Western Days Parade and receive the adoration of the teeming masses for that one thrilling pass on Valley Center Road.
- You may be asked to participate in other community events as Honorary Mayor of Valley Center.
- The contest runs from the Irish Stew Cook-off (mid-March) to the Western Days Guns & Hoses Chili Cook-off (Thursday of Western Days).
- The next Honorary Mayor will be selected by a random drawing. Tickets are placed in a barrel and the winning ticket to be drawn by current Miss Valley Center, if available.
- The candidate will receive one random draw ticket for each $100 (or part thereof) you raise. Example: You raise $1000 you get 10 chances to win.
- The idea for the contest is to raise money (and a lot of it) for your group or charity.
- At the end of the contest, 90% of funds raised are returned back to your group.
- There will be a 10% tax on your money that is raised. That money will be pooled and awarded to a (or multiple) local non-profit(s). Recipient is to be selected closer to Western Days. VC Western Days, Inc. will issue a check directly to that group.
- Your term of Valley Center Honorary Mayor will run one year from Western Days to Western Days.
- Final Rule: raise money for your favorite charity and have fun.
Chairperson: Kimberly Mead 760.440.8293 info@WesternDays.org